How CBD Affects the Mind and Body
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one among 113 odd identified cannabinoids and accounts for up to 40% of the cannabis plant extracts. It is the second most predominant cannabinoid ingredient in a cannabis plant after tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, which is recognized for its psychoactive effects. Marijuana and hemp are the two primary species of the cannabis plant which contain cannabidiol, but it is extracted from hemp as it has a higher percentage of CBD.
High-quality CBD is recognized for the immense benefits it offers to the mind and the body. But how does it work?
How does CBD affect the mind and the body?
When the all-natural CBD enters the bloodstreams, it makes its way into the brain and influences the brain activity by interacting with the neurons and receptors. When it enters the brain, here's what it does:
- It protects the neurons from prion accumulation and toxicity and aids in treating neurological diseases. It is shown to prevent and slow down the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It changes the brain mechanism tied to anxiety response of the body and significantly reduces anxiety. It is also effective in reducing anxiety in seasonal affective disorder as it affects areas of the brain related to limbic and paralimbic brain functions.
- CBD targets the serotonin receptors and regulates the release of specific hormones like cortisol.
- It binds the vanilloid receptors responsible for the perception of pain.
- It interacts with the orphan receptors responsible for bone density, bone reabsorption, and blood pressure.
- CBD in the brain inhibits anandamide, an extremely powerful endocannabinoid that has a neuroprotective effect against seizures and other conditions.
What Are Its Effects on the Body?
- CBD attaches with cannabinoid receptors in our bodies and gives an analgesic effect, which decreases inflammation in the body.
- It is effective in chronic pain management.
- It limits the occurrence of acid reflux as it decreases the relaxation in the lower esophageal sphincter. It hence helps reduce gastrointestinal issues caused by GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Get your high-quality CBD today from Sprightly!