How to Make CBD Lip Balm
Seasonal changes are bound to affect your body’s largest organ – the skin, but people often don’t pay enough attention to it. Dry or chapped lips can result from extreme temperatures and dehydration, irritating your skin. In some situations, this may also lead to the development of itchy or inflamed lips.
CBD Lip Balm
Luckily, all natural CBD offers a good solution to give your lips the care it deserves. There are many ways that high quality CBD oil can be taken. People may choose to ingest it, take it sublingually, or use it via topical application. When it comes to lip care, topical application in the form of a CBD lip balm shows the best results. While you can find North Carolina CBD oil-infused lip balms easily, you can also make your own CBD lip balm. Here’s how to go about it.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter – this has been proven to be effective in the treatment of several skin conditions as well as boost the production of collagen.
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax (preferably cosmetic grade) – this has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory qualities. For a vegan alternative, you can also make use of soy wax to see great results.
- 2 tablespoons of firm coconut oil – with a high concentration of saturated fats, mainly as lauric acid, coconut oil has antiviral, antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-carcinogenic effects on the skin.
- 2 tablespoons of CBD oil of your preference – a high quality CBD concentrate that’s free of THC is an ideal option.
- If you want, you can also add some essential oils like lemon, lavender, peppermint, or vanilla extract to add some flavor to the CBD lip balm you want to make. If you do choose to add essential oils for flavoring, you need to make sure that it’s a food-grade safe essential oil you’re using, which is safe for oral consumption.
Making Your CBD Lip Balm
Melt the ingredients in a microwave or double boiler. If you’re using a microwave, you need to place the ingredients in a bowl and heat them for 30 seconds to one and a half minutes until they melt. If you’re using a double boiler, let an inch of water fill a saucepan and heat it till it boils. Lower the simmer and keep a Pyrex bowl over the saucepan with all the ingredients added to the bowl. Heat this until the ingredients melt.
Once the ingredients have melted, add any essential oils depending on the flavors you want to create. About 2-6 drops of essential oils should do the trick. Make use of a funnel to pour the liquid into a lip balm jar or tube. It should start solidifying in a few minutes. Cover it in the container and let it solidify at room temperature. Once it’s ready, you should also store it at room temperature.
This lip balm made using CBD North Carolina can help to fight sun damage, hydrate & moisturize your lips, boost healthy inflammatory function, and act as a stabilizing agent.
You can easily find CBD oil NC and make your own lip balm today!