Sprightly Baked CBD Dog Treats
For the most part, we all try to take care of ourselves by eating healthy. Unprocessed, fruits and vegetables make our bodies feel good, give us more energy, and directly contribute to stronger bones, muscles and immune systems. If we strive to take care of our own bodies and treat our health as a priority, then why wouldn’t we do the same for our dogs? Making homemade treats that include pet CBD oil for your precious pooch is not only simple, but extremely beneficial for their mind and body. In doing this, you know exactly what your pets are consuming, and can control specific ingredients that can benefit your pet even more! Additionally, pets who may have a difficult time with anxiety, chronic pain, or conditions such as epilepsy and seizures, providing an enjoyable and tasty solution for these problems can minimize the struggle they endure. Grab a few ingredients and let's get to baking these naturally delicious Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil CBD dog treats that are sure to make your pup lick its lips!
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter (with no Xylitol)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Banana
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 mL of Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil, Pet CBD
- 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 cups whole wheat/unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Gather all ingredients, a large mixing bowl, rubber spatula, rolling pin, baking sheet, and a bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Begin by shredding your carrot, either with a cheese grater or a food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, water, applesauce, banana, and carrot, Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil, and coconut oil. Make sure to mash the banana while doing this step.
- Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the oats, flour, and baking powder. Gently fold the ingredients together until completely mixed.
- If the dough becomes too thick to easily stir, pour the dough onto a flour coated surface and knead with your hands.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough until it reaches roughly 1/3" thick.
- Cut the dough into shapes with your cookie cutter or simply trim into squares and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the treats for 10-12 minutes, or until desired hardness is reached. For senior dogs, we suggest softer treats.
- Remove from the oven, flip the treats, and finish baking for another 7-10 minutes.
- Allow for the treats to cool completely before surprising your pooch!
*Store the pet CBD oil treats at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to a week. To store your homemade treats for an extended period, place them in the freezer in a zip-top bag, aluminum foil, or parchment paper. The treats hold up well in the freezer for up to two months.
Dogs are known as “a man's best friend” for multiple reasons, so why not reciprocate the feelings by serving your four-legged friend one of these made from scratch and love, Sprightly baked dog treats. While this recipe can be enjoyed with or without the Sprightly CBD, to receive the relaxing and relieving full spectrum hemp oil benefits of the CBD dog treats, the Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil should be included. Stop by your local grocery store for all of the grocery products, and take a look through Sprightly’s various full spectrum hemp oil CBD products to find the best oil for your next recipe!
Did you make this CBD dog treats recipe?
Take a picture and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #ChefSprightly and tag @mysprightly so we can see your masterpiece! Happy cooking!