A CBD-Infused Autumn Treat: Pumpkin Crunch Cake
The fall season is quickly arriving, and with fall seasons brings fall sweets! Today, we're deciding to break away from the classics. There are hundreds of recipes you can find online of CBD-infused pumpkin pies! At Sprightly CBD, we always think outside of the box. The next time you're preparing your fall-themed spread, we hope you'll keep this blog post in mind. The pumpkin crunch cake is the perfect way to make a treat for your Friendsgiving or other gathering that your friends will love! This sweet and fluffy pumpkin treat is just the thing to bring your friends together this fall season.
Adding CBD to confectionary sweets is a fun and exciting way to enjoy your favorite dessert while getting the harvest of benefits that come from our full spectrum hemp oil. Ready to make your own CBD-infused Pumpkin Crunch Cake? Check out our recipe below!
Things You'll Need
- All-purpose flour (2.75 cups)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Pumpkin pie spice (2 tsp)
- Light brown sugar (1 cup)
- Sugar (2/3 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 drops of Sprightly's full spectrum hemp oil
- Vegetable/Canola oil (1 cup)
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin mix
- Vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract (2 tsp)
- Chopped toffee bits (1 cup)
- Butter (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Cinnamon (1/2 tsp)
- Vanilla bean past/vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Confectioners sugar (7 cups)
- Milk/Cream (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 cup chopped toffee bits for topping
- Before mixing your ingredients, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- This recipe calls for two 8 inch round pans. Grease and flour two pans.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix brown sugar, regular sugar, eggs, oil, pumpkin and vanilla extract/vanilla bean paste, and 3-4 drops CBD oil into another bowl and whisk well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix into a batter. Be sure not to over mix!
- Stir in 1 cup chopped toffee bits.
- Spread the batter amongst the two pans.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Whip butter well in a bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mix with butter.
- Add in 3.5 cups of confectioners sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir well.
- Add other 3.5 cups of confectioners sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of milk.
Construct Your Cake
For the first layer of the cake, cover the top in a layer of the buttercream icing. Sprinkle toffee bits on top of the buttercream icing. After your first layer is coated, add the second cake layer on top. For this layer, you'll want to cover the cake completely with your homemade buttercream icing. Add the remaining toffee bits to the cake for a fun topping!
Sprightly CBD | Eastern NC
Sprightly is so excited for fall, and we can't wait to make more autumn-themed recipes with you! Sprightly CBD uses only the highest quality products and ingredients to create a final product that works! To shop our full spectrum hemp oil products, salves, and more, visit our website! Don't forget to share your creations with us!