No Blues-berry Pancakes With Sprightly CBD
The month of January always seems to be lackluster and uneventful with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season ending. The weather is chilly, sniffles and coughs are heard everywhere, and there isn’t much to look forward to within the next few weeks… other than NATIONAL BLUEBERRY PANCAKE DAY! January 28th is recognized as National Blueberry Pancake Day in which we shine a much deserved light on this delicious and (somewhat) healthy fan favorite breakfast dish. While the pillowy texture of freshly made flapjacks are enough to keep many consumers coming back for more, the berries add a burst of flavor and much needed nutrients like vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, and copper making for an unbeatable breakfast combo.
What could make this day and recipe any better you ask? Well, for those who are already excited enough about having a national day of recognition for your favorite breakfast food, add a few drops of Sprightly CBD full spectrum hemp oil to the mix. Not only will you receive all of the benefits of a delicious meal that is jam packed with nutrients but you will also experience levels of relaxation and relief that ordinary pancakes just can’t beat. Do we have you drooling yet? Check out the recipe below:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 ml of Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil (depending on regular dosage)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh (rinsed) or frozen blueberries (thawed)
- Your favorite syrup
- Preheat the pan or flat top griddle you plan to use to medium heat.
- Measure and sift all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) into a large mixing bowl.
- Grab the stick of butter and place it in a microwaveable dish. Cover the dish, and heat the butter at 50% power for 45-60 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
- Pour the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, sour cream, and vanilla) into a different bowl from your dry ingredients. Add in half of the melted butter, and 1 full tincture (1 ml) of your favorite Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together. Begin to incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet while continuing to whisk to ensure there are no clumps or lumps. Flapjack Hack: If you have a spare squeeze bottle (such as an old ketchup or syrup container) slowly pour your batter into the bottle for easy cooking and even easier storage. Refrigerated pancake batter can be reused up to 5 days!
- Prepare your preheated pan by spraying it down with nonstick cooking spray, then coating it with the remaining melted butter (the cooking spray will prevent the butter from turning black.)
- Squeeze or ladle the desired amount of batter onto the pan, and quickly drop blueberries onto the uncooked side.
- Continue cooking the pancake until bubbles appear on the uncooked surface. Using a spatula, check the underside, and flip when golden brown.
- Cook the underside for another 40- 60 seconds, or until golden.
- Continue spraying the pan and cooking the batter until the stack almost falls over!
- For an extra delicious treat, combine your favorite syrup, a few blueberries, and another tincture of Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil together, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serve your No Blues-berry Pancakes with a slab of butter, a drizzle of syrup and a smile on your face because you know that you are about to indulge in a delicious, healthy, and beneficial breakfast!
Some say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but on National Blueberry Pancake Day, we can’t argue. While this recipe can be enjoyed with or without the Sprightly CBD, to receive the relaxing and relieving full spectrum hemp oil benefits of the CBD blueberry pancake recipe, the Sprightly hemp oil should be included. Stop by your local grocery store for all of the grocery products, and take a look through Sprightly’s various full spectrum hemp oil CBD products to find the best oil for your next recipe!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mysprightly on Instagram and use the hashtag #ChefSprightly so we can see your masterpiece! Happy cooking!