Using CBD Oils to Calm Anxious Pets
If you’re like every other pet parent, you want the best for your furry friend; getting them vaccinated, making sure they get enough exercise by taking them on walks or playing with them, and stimulating their brains with toys and games. Some animals, like humans, feel anxious in certain situations. Fireworks, thunderstorms, or other loud noises can cause nervousness in pets.
There are some ways you can help your pet feel slightly less anxious. You can expose them to the sound, event, or environment more to desensitize them. This can be a good method if they are going to be near it often. Another way you can help your anxious pet is by distracting them with treats or toys, and talk in a calm and steady voice. Pets can detect anxiety in humans, so enforcing the fact that everything is okay is very important. Sprightly’s Pet full spectrum hemp oil can also help with stress and anxiety in your pet.
While humans, dogs, and cats can all be impacted by anxiety, the ways that we show we're stressed are very different. Here are some ways to tell if your pet is anxious:
Symptoms of Anxiety in Dogs and Cats
In dogs, symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Licking their lips, face, or paws excessively
- Avoidance, cowering, hiding
Symptoms in cats are, but not limited to:
- Sleeping/resting more
- Trying to escape the environment
- Excessive destructive or aggressive behavior
- Failure to use the litter box
The full spectrum hemp oil in Sprightly’s Pet CBD can help reduce anxiety, relieve pain, and can help treat seizures in dogs and cats. They can also improve activity and playfulness in your pets. You can adjust the dosage based on dog’s size, but one full serving is ideal for pets between 30-70lbs. Here’s how we recommend you to give it to your pet:
- Shake well
- Apply 1 serving (1 mL) to your pet’s food or a treat, giving it a moment to soak in. You can also apply the oil directly to the inside of your pet’s mouth by placing the dropper in their mouth, as close to the back of their mouth as possible, and then squeeze the dropper. Individual results may vary.
- Adjust dosage if necessary.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Discard no more than 1 year after opening.
If you’re interested in trying CBD oil for your pets, we recommend trying our 600mg full spectrum hemp oil; made with your furry friends in mind. Right now, if you order something from our store, you can get a free bottle of Pet CBD oil, which is also $20 off when purchased on its own!