Recoup French Onion & Hemp Oil Soup
The winter season is cold, dark, and rainy, and there isn’t much that can do the job of warming you up from the inside out, like a good homemade cup of french onion soup. A cold weather classic, and a pretty simple recipe, this soup will not only make you feel like you're wrapped in a warm blanket of onion, bread, and cheese, but it will also take the edge off the winter season blues with the Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil additive.
- 5-6 large yellow onions, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- ½ cup of beer, preferably a Pale Ale
- 6 cups of stock, beef or veggie
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced cheese; Gruyere, Asiago, Swiss, or Mozzarella
- Oven safe mugs or bowls
- Heat a large stock pot to medium-high, and melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in sliced onions and sauté until soft and caramelized; roughly 30 minutes using a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and cook with the onions for 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, and cook together for an additional minute.
- Pour in your beer to deglaze the pot, and use your wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits and flavoring off of the bottom.
- Add in the stock, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, thyme, and Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil, stirring throughout.
- Allow the soup to reach a simmer, then cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Leave the soup covered and simmering for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F, and slice your baguette into 1-inch wide pieces.
- Arrange the slices of bread onto a baking sheet, and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bread is slightly golden and toasted.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, stir the soup again, and discard the bay leaves.
- Turn your oven to broil. Scoop the soup into your oven safe bowls and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with the toasted baguette, and then your desired amount of cheese (suggested amount is ¼ cup of shredded cheese or 1 slice).
- Once topped, place the baking sheet with soup bowls in the oven on the top rack, and broil for 2-5 minutes- until the cheese is melted and bubbling. This happens quickly, so be sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Carefully remove from the oven, and serve immediately.
- Enjoy this warm wintery, relaxing soup recipe and gain all of the full spectrum hemp oil benefits from your Sprightly CBD additive.
Warm up and recoup with a bowl of this deliciously calming french onion soup with Sprightly full spectrum hemp oil. While this recipe can easily be made without the CBD oil, it will lack the restorative and relaxing properties that are present when Sprightly is mixed in. Whichever way you prefer to indulge yourself this winter season, just know this recipe is one for the books. For all of our broad spectrum and full spectrum hemp oil products, shop the Sprightly website now!